RELIGIOUS GROUPS AND THEIR PROBLEMS
It is a matter of great concern that the religious personalities like
lmams who provide first hand knowledge of Islam to Muslims and render
every possible guidance to them are in the state of poverty and
helplessness. They are at the mercy of management of Madarsas on
Mutawallis. There is a big question mark as to who is responsible for it
. Naturally the Muslims. They must have high regards for religious
personalities, lffiams. religious leaders the servants of the people and
such other persons. In case of their failure to do so, we can not get our
society redeemed of present day social evils. May Allah bless our people
with the true spirit of Islam so that they may take their lmams, religious
personalities, Organisations and institution in high esteem and get proper
guidance form them.
It is the need of the hour that our Madrasas, Maktabs, Libraries,
Oganisations and parties should play a positive role for proper guidance
and reformation of the Muslim Community and evolve joint strategy to
achieve unity amongst people. Their acts and deeds must give the
Muslims, a lesson of unity, mutual harmony and sacrifice for each other.
These institutions must be recognised as such by all members of the
Our religious Madarsas have been rendering valuable services to
Muslim Community. They have been imparting education to them and
have produced lacs of Hafiz, Qari, Muhaddis, Mufassir and preachers,
Thus, they have made really appreciable contribution in their reformation
of the Muslim community and their welfare.
PROBLEMS OF MADARSAS
- Lack of proper management.
- Inadequate boarding and lodging facilities.,
- Ignorance regarding utility of religious education and its true spirit.
- Deteriorating academic standards.
- Review of curriculum
- Managerial irregularities.
- Absence of Inter-school advisory councils.
SOME IMPORTANT FACTS/COUNCILS
- Formation of Central Academic Committee.
Review of Curriculum.
- Proper training of teachers for the improvement of standards of
- Establishement of Central and Provincial Advisory Councils.
- Inclusion of persons from well to do families in the management
of Madarsas and proper planning.
- To ensure proper financial status after acquisition,of religious
- Proper enhancement of salaries payable to teachers and need
to remove all irregularities.
- Review of rules regarding appointments, suspension and
dismissal etc. and their implementation.
- To ensure post retirement benefits.
- Representation of religious, capable, sincere and selfless persons
in the management of Madarsas.
- To keep Madarsas away from groupism, personal clashes and
- Utilization of a considerable part of wakf income for proper
management of Madarsas.
- Establishment of Central Baitul-Maal by charitable and
financially well off people for providing financial assistance to
madarsas, enabling them to play ti ieir proper role.,
- To ensure that the Madarsas do not become tools in the hands
of political parties and they continue to impart proper education
to the community
- Encouragement of teaching of such subjects that may ensure
harmony and unity amongst Muslims and proper management
of their affairs.
- Religious Heads and Personalities may discuss points and issues
in such a way that their does not arise any revelry amongst people
and the community does not get divided in the small groups sub
groups and denominations.
- Review of examination system and formation of Central and
- Holding of examination and issue of degrees etc. by the Central
and State boards.
- Inclusion of modern and scientific subjects in the curriculum of
Madarsas enabling the students to get proper employment or
placement after completing the education.
- To bring about a change in the present atmosphere of Madarsas
so that the students of such institutions may get an opportunity
to develop their personalities as others are doing in modern
AIOIM Home Page